Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yeah, I'm Healthy - Just Fat!

A while ago I went to the doctor we had a little discussion about my health. The general consensus was that I'm within the healthy range, just morbidly obese. Off I went home skipping because the doctor said I was healthy. See - even the doctor says I'm healthy - just fat!
Now it's got me thinking, how can I believe this myself when I KNOW I may have neglected to divulge some critical information to the kind doctor.

These are the things I know.
My resting heart rate is way too high.
I always suffer from lower back pain.
My whole back is so tender, if someone pokes me I may cry.
My knees always click and crack (left one especially).
I get out of breath very easily.
I have severely painful menstrual cramps.
Bleeding after sex is not uncommon.
My body fat content is something ridiculous like 54.1%
I am worried about my fertility.
I sometimes get so worked up I become hysterical.
My moods swing quickly and severely while I portray a happy confident exterior.

Wow that was so honest it hurts a little bit. That really isn't the most optimistic list I've ever written. Basically I have concluded that to think that I was 'healthy' for the last, um, well, forever really - is delusional. I'm not healthy. Clearly. Body or Mind. Perhaps it's time to get them both sorted out together. If we can work together to kill the Fat Lady in my head first. Her physical manifestation that surrounds my true slim and athletic (keeping that delusion) form will slowly and surely cease to exist.

It's one thing to type it and not think about who is reading it and another to actually speak of it. That list isn't getting any shorter.........

Later. Fat, Frumpy yet Wise Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment