Monday, April 22, 2013

Pus, Pus, Pus


So I didn't have a pulled muscle. Not even close. The almost unbearable pain was due to a big ass abyss full of pus buliding up over the last few weeks. As I was resting diligently the damn thing exploded! it was gross. there was liquid pus literally flowing out of the wound. there was so much pressure that it was coming out like a fountain. Nice. Gave me a shock that's for sure. Luckily one of my girlfriend's is a theatre nurse so I called her up, she cleaned me up and off I trotted to the emergency room once more.
After a two day stint in hospital I am now infection free but I do have a giant hole in my stomach that has to heal. Fun stuff. At least I know now why I was in SO MUCH PAIN. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in pain but its manageable and I can do things now like - walking, getting out of bed, going to the toilet without almost passing out in pain. It's put my recovery back a little but I know I'm going to be ok.
On another note, I am on puree food now. Yay. Oh the taste! I had scrambled eggs the other day - it was almost orgasmic. It's really weird not drinking with food anymore. I'm normally one to guzzle 2 glasses of soft drink with my meal and now I can't have anything 30min before or after my meal. That's a hard adjustment.

I slipped on the scales when I was in hospital.

So far 13kgs down. I'm trying not to mark my success by a number, it's more about the psychological side of it for me to ensure success but it's nice to know that the kilos are starting to come off. That's 28.5 pounds for my American friends.

Peace Out. xx The Fat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment