Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Last Meal

It's now under a month until I have my surgery. Yeah I think I may have missed notifying you that I'm having gastric bypass surgery. SURPRISE! When I'm in a reflective mood I'm sure I'll rehash the thoughts that got me to that decision.

So my therapist has explained to me that a typical thing people do before starting a diet is the 'last meal syndrome'. Thinking that it's the last time they're going to have that juicy last burger or creamy pasta, they indulge and indulge and end up giving themselves and extra few kilos to work off when the new diet kicks in. With this in mind I have made sure that I don't do that. My hubby is home at the moment so I've just been cooking nice healthy home made meals since he has to put up with camp food for the next 4 weeks.
The thing is..... he leaves in two days and I know I have exactly 2 weeks before I start my pre-surgery diet. I've already started thinking what my meals could consist of since no one will know if i sneak some delicious bad food in.
Seriously what am I doing? I had an awesome meal the other night and all it consisted of was some steamed veges, some chicken and a bit of soy sauce. It took me about half an hour to eat because I ate it with chopsticks and I enjoyed every minute of it. I wasn't trying to have a 'good' meal, I just wanted something light because I had just been thrashed at the gym. Yet today I still managed to sneak in an easter egg. It was gross. I didn't enjoy it at all (was a good brand too) but I still finished off the sucker. C'mon - I can do this! I am better than this!

I think I can, I think I can - Fat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment